Tuesday, June 21, 2011

City Life

Here are a couple quick funny stories that come from living in a city and working with addicts, some new some old...


In the home depot parking lot today a guy runs over and stands outside my window right as I get in the car.  After he was beckoning for me to roll my window down and I figured he looked harmless I opened the door because the window was broken.  He hands me two business cards and says whenever you want to get that hair cut I work at a barber shop across the street well fix it up real nice.

Sam stole Jason’s shoes after he had been mentoring him a little while, the next day he came back to Jason and asked him if he could have some money...  Jason replies, “dude you stole my shoes,” and when Sam denies it Jason points and says, “you’re wearing them.”  Looking down for a second Sam says without missing a beat, “so can I have that money?”

James is stealing cds from John's car and Two guys from the Timothy Initiative rolled up and caught him red handed as cds were falling out of his pants, and he says to explain, “I just wanted cds...”  they replied, "you need to get out of here you are not allowed on our property anymore", and looking at them he said, “ok but can I keep the cds?”

Yesterday Greg was sitting at a parking light and a guy rolled up and beckoned for him to roll down his window, when he did the guy said, "your car is a piece of shit, I can fix it for you." Greg rolled up his window, but then he has to deal with the awkward moment of where do you look until the light turns green.

Today the Pink House dog Jack got spayed, earlier this week he got a shock collar for his barking, it was a rough week for him, feel free to pray for him as he recovers  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment